If you’ve been around here for awhile, by now you know about my love affair with binders. Yes, it’s true. I LOVE to organize with binders. In fact, I’d put my love of binders right up there with my love of clipboards, label makers and Elfa Storage Systems.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
ORGANIZE WITH BINDERS: WHY BINDERS ARE MY ORGANIZING BESTIE
So why do I HEART binders so much?
- Ease of Use: Although I like to use file folders to organize reference/archival papers, binders are the easiest way to corral and organize papers that I’m actively using for current projects & papers I frequently reference.
- Portable: It’s so easy to grab a binder off the shelf and take it with me if I need to access those papers on the go.
- Easily Stored: Binders can be stored just about anywhere for easy access throughout your home (drawers, cabinets, shelves, etc.). This makes it possible to store them near their point of use.
- Inexpensive: Binders are fairly inexpensive and they can be reused over and over again once you’re finished with a project.
So what are some of the ways you can organize with binders in your home? Just look at some of the examples from around MY home:
- a general household binder (for handy reference papers)
- a recipe binder
- a home remodel binder (or any other type of time-limited household project)
- a holiday planning binder
- a product manual binder
UPDATE: The 2019 Ultimate Homemaking Bundle sale has ended. The good news is that the Ultimate Bundles Group continues to offer different bundles throughout the year (and occasional flash sales on previously offered bundles). If you don’t want to miss out on future bundles, click here to join my newsletter list, and I’ll make sure you’re the first to hear when future bundle sales go live!
A few days ago, I introduced you to the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle, a collection of 104 eBooks, eCourses, membership sites and printable collections designed to help you manage your home life like a pro. As I dig deeper into the bundle, I was excited to discover just how many of printable resources can be used to quickly create an entire collection of binders to organize just about every aspect of home life!
Let’s drill down and take a look, shall we?
I consider a household binder to be one of the foundations of an organized home. It serves as the central storage place for all of those papers that you need to refer to on a fairly regular basis. The types of papers that are stored in a household binder can be customized based on the needs of your household. Some common categories of papers include:
- contact information
- emergency information
- school information/schedules
- sports/activity schedules
- cleaning schedules
- home maintenance information
The 2019 Ultimate Homemaking Bundle includes four comprehensive printable sets that you can use to quickly create a custom household binder:
- Purposeful Printable Pack Workbook by Krista O’ReillyDaviDigui ($11.00)
- Mom’s BFF Planner by Antoinette Walker ($25.00)
- Homekeeping & Project Planning ePlanner by ListPlanIt ($10.00)
- Homekeeping + Cleaning Kit Printable Kit by Becky Rapinchuk ($10.00)
A few of the printable sets listed above in the Household Binder section contain a kitchen-related printables as well (Mom’s BFF Planner and The Homemaking Planner). In addition, the 2019 Ultimate Homemaking Bundle includes three resources that are devoted exclusively to organizing your meal planning/recipes:
- Fabulously Festive Meal Planning and Food Storage Printable Pack by Susan Nelson ($17.00)
- Anchored Women Meal Planner: A Simplified System by Kayse Pratt ($17.00)
- The Humbled Homemaker’s Meal Planning Printables Bundle by Erin Odom ($4.99)
HOLIDAY PLANNING BINDER
Despite our efforts to simply the holidays, there are so many “moving parts” that it’s almost impossible to juggle all of the tasks involved without some sort of organizing or planning system. Creating a holiday planning binder is the perfect way to store all of your party planning, gift giving, food shopping and holiday card ideas, inventories and lists.
With the purchase of a 2019 Ultimate Homemaking Bundle, you’ll be able to ROCK Christmas this year! Just imagine how much more you’ll be able to savor and enjoy the holidays when you’ve taken advantage of all of this planning goodness:
Christmas: Sorted! The Ultimate Planner & Support to Help you Enjoy Every Part of Christmas by Chrissy Halton ($32.00)
HOME PROJECT BINDER
And for those of you embarking on (or in the middle of) a major home renovation, home improvement or room makeover project, I don’t have to tell you how many balls you’re constantly juggle throughout the process.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could create a binder specifically designed to help you manage all of the moving parts for that project?
Home Project Planner by Emily Counts ($22.00)
Maybe you’ve deemed 2019 the Year of Self-Care. No matter what particular brand of self-care you’re focusing on, creating a binder with worksheets, planner pages, and trackers can be the key to keeping your self-care goals and habits on the front burner.
Use these resources from this year’s Ultimate Homemaking Bundle to create a customized self-care binder:
- Habit Tracker Bundle Printable by Emily Bredeson ($7.00)
- Intentional 21 Workbook by Satya T Nelms ($35.00)
Do you have a vacation of a lifetime in your future, or maybe just your family’s annual pilgrimage to the beach? Either way, there are typically oodles of details involved with the trip planning process.
Why not create a beautiful binder to inspire you during the planning process? This awesome vacation planner is included in your this year’s Ultimate Homemaking Bundle:
Vacation Planner by Megan Duesterhaus ($22.00)
So there you have it! I hope I’ve convinced you why you should organize with binders. They are the key to eliminating paper piles AND your overstuffed file cabinet!